Monday, November 5, 2012

Curiouser & Curiouser

In my travels around Tyria, I've found some odd things that have no explanation...as of yet! Here are some pics of the hidden curiosities of our lovely game.
GW2 Guild Wars 2 arena LA
I'm sure most of you have seen this in-game, and I'm hoping most of you know what it is representing!
Will this ever be a playable event? Will we one day be able to have mini-pet matches in a red arena?
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Dominion of Winds
Another common vista in Tyria, the wall surrounding the Dominion of Winds, guarded by the Tengu.
Will the doors ever open? Will this be the first real persistent expansion to GW2?
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Wizard's Fief elemental
Spiral in Wizard's Fief, with a tamed elemental, and the wizard's floating castle in the background.
This is a strange little corner of Kessex Hills. There are quite a few interesting NPCs to talk to, that tell tales of the wizard, Isgarren, who "protects" them. Will we ever meet this elusive master of magics?
GW2 Guild Wars 2 contraption Wizard's Fief
Even more curious about Wizard's Fief is this contraption I found while exploring one of the buildings in town.
What does it do? Is it controlling the elementals? 
GW2 Guild Wars 2 graphics fail invisible
This fine fellow paused to chat with me outside a cave in Tarnished Coast. He was unaware that he was mostly invisible.
Did a witch cast a spell on him? Was he a victim of an Asura prank? Or is it just my fail graphics card??? :D
GW2 Guild Wars 2 race gates LA
In Lion's Arch, near Farshore Ward, I found this. To me, it looks like the starting gate for a race of some sort.
GW2 Guild Wars 2 racing ramp LA
And further down the path, there is this curving ramp.
Will there one day be go-carts or moas or wooly siamoths to ride from the race gates, down the hill, around this ramp and back to the finish line? I would love that!
GW2 Guild Wars 2 well
I can't remember what zone I was in when I found this well. I took a screenshot because it was a strangely quiet corner of a chaotic zone. Just me and a bunny and an abandoned well. There is probably no other meaning to this than an inspired artist who felt the landscape was missing something. But whose well is it? Where are they now?
Guild Wars 2 is a constant amazement to my traveler's soul. I truly feel as if I'm exploring a world, all without moving my butt from my chair. Armchair tourist, isn't that what they call it? I love running over a hill or around a bend and having a gorgeous landscape open up before me. I love jumping through broken walls to find secret ruins.
So many high-fives and headbutts to the artists of GW2, but I also want to fist-bump the writers too! I just  love finding NPCs that actually have dialogue and don't just blurt, "Sieze the moment" or "Excelsior."
GW2 Guild Wars 2 norn beer
"Did someone say beer? I've been sober so long, I can actually feel my face.
I don't want to feel this face."
I have had a lot of giggles listening to NPC conversations, but don't often remember to screenshot or write them down. But I dd find two great websites that are compiling funny NPC dialogue: GW2 Roleplayers and this GW2Guru thread. Totally worth a quick read if you're bored at work and can't game. Not that I'm condoning using the work computer for personal reasons. Get back to your paper-pushing, you slackers! (Or at least be smart enough to have a Secret Panic Button.)

No comments:

Post a Comment