Thursday, May 17, 2012

You Can Call Me Schmexy

Arena Net published a very important article on their blog today regarding reservation of character names in GW2.
In essence, there are three points.
1. Any Guild Wars 1 players who want to reserve their name for Guild Wars 2 need to log into GW1 before a yet-undisclosed date to keep their name reserved. So go do that now, basically.
2. In GW2 you will be allowed to have a one-word name, something that was not available in GW1. People can create toons on Headstart Day with one-word names. First come, first serve.
3. Your name is yours across all worlds and servers. Wow, cool!

Spiral's full name in GW1 was Spiral Madheart, because I had to choose a last name and that's basically what sprung to mind. It's kinda stuck now. But I would really prefer to be just Spiral. (Jazz hands here!)
So I guess on Headstart Day I'll attempt to create a toon with the one-word name, Spiral. I doubt I'll get it. Why? Cuz there's no way I'm going to be able to create a Spiral before someone else does. I just take too damn long in the character creation screen! I'm too picky with all the face sliders and colours and hair options, et cetera. Vanity FTW.  :)

Spiral Madheart is a fine name anyway, and it's kinda cute to be called Ms. Madheart as well. (Hello Pen from Rift, if you're reading!)

No comments:

Post a Comment