Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Contest, Screens, Art & More

So even though I haven't been in-game much, I still enjoy reading about Guild Wars 2 and following them on The Book of Face and Twittah. I've come across a few excellent links that I'd like to share.

1. GW2Guru is having a Screenshot Story Contest! First prize is 2,000 gems. Sweet! I am totally going to enter as I have sooo many screens to work with. Now to think of something clever...might need booze to help lubricate the innovation centers of my brain. :)

2. For those of you who (like me) can't play GW2 in high-res, check out I<3GW2 for beautiful screens of Tyria. This guy is an in-game photographer and a brilliant one. Maybe it's his shorty Asura viewpoint?

3. I read a very informative and reassuring post by ANet on The War Against Bots. I was impressed that they have a Security Coordinator for the game. Talk about a neat title to put on your resume! Plus, I was doublely -- is that a word? -- impressed with the details of how they identify, track, verify, and ban botters. Worth a read if you've ever felt that your botting reports were being ignored.

4. A talented and organized Guild Wars 2 fan created a desktop wallpaper with all the Wintersday events on it, so you don't have to miss a thing!

5. I have zero artistic talent. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler. My best work is done in fingerpaints, or perhaps mashed potatoes + gravy. But these GW2 fans have created some amazing art!

Finally, I received my reward chest from the Lost Shores Weekend One-Time event and got a nice surprise from it!
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Skybringer greatsword
Now THAT'S a sword!
Yup, that's Skybringer, my new greatsword. Pretty darn nice, eh? I like it. I like it a LOT. I wish it glowed...glew?...had glow?... I wish it was prettier, but I'm sure it slices and dices just fine as it is!

Cheers to all, and see you soon for Wintersday!

No comments:

Post a Comment